Friday, October 15, 2010

Craftiest Mom on the Block Strikes Again...

Check out the advent calendar I just completed. Each number is on a pocket that I'm going to fill with some type of small treat (ornament, candy cane, pencils, piece of a nativity, etc) for each day before Christmas, with the final one being something to do with Baby Jesus. I'm might also add a star or something for J and Z to move from one pocket to the next to mark the day. The sample I stole this idea from had a little Santa. Maybe I'll do a little bird to remind them, "Santa's Birdies are watching!" (If you grew up in my house you get that one.) Hopefully this will help Z count down the days until Christmas. She gets so excited about any event. Everyday she asks me if today is Halloween or my Birthday. I saw a similar thing done for Thanksgiving (I might use this for that too) where everyday each member of the family put a piece of paper in the pocket with something they were thankful for written on it. Lesson of the Day: Love a multipurpose craft!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment