Thursday, November 12, 2009

Orphan Shoes...what's with that?



Okay, I'm constantly amazed by the number of orphaned shoes on the side of the road. Just yesterday, I was headed to Sams and there next to the curb was a once nice adult sized tennis shoe that had obviously met it's demise by the wheel of a car. Orphaned shoes always spur a plethera of questions like, "Does its owner know its gone?" "How did it end up there?" "Were they hanging their foot out the window and the shoe fall off?" "Did they leave their shoe on the top of their car?" I just don't get it. Shoes aren't cheap. I can almost understand if it's a kids shoe. I remember spending the good part of an afternoon searching up and down, in between, and under every isle at Target looking for a brand new sandle of J's. I also remember Z taking off her shoe and chunking it across Walmart about a year ago. But these aren't just kid shoes. In fact, most of them are adult shoes. I've seen everything from boots to flip-flops, sandles to tennis, high heels to crib shoes. I guess I'll aways wonder about it...the orphaned shoe on the side of the rode. Lesson of the Day: Don't hang a foot out the car window...you might just lose a shoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment