Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ladies first???....not today!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, J! Dat not fair!!!" That's what Z is yelling in this picture. Priceless Ater Kid moment~right up there with the J shooting Z with the water hose.

Today, we spend the entire afternoon working in the yard. Raking leaves, pulling weeds, cutting down once frozen now dead plants (note all the sticks around the tree), and digging up the drainage system to see why the stink it won't drain. Lot's of tiring work. The kids helped too knowing their reward would be the huge pile of leaves I was working on. They had been tempted to jump in many times but shooed away with, "You've just got to be patient. I'm trying to get it perfect for jumping." Finally, the pile was ready and I sent the kids all the way to the fence for a good running start. They were so excited and so was I to see their joy as I grabbed my camera and positioned myself just on the other side of the pile to capture the moment. "Ready.....Set.......GOOOOOOOO!" and here they ran....oh no, J is running too fast.....oh no, he's passed Z....oh no, he's not letting her catch up....oh no, he's going to get to the pile first....then leaves everywhere and the "NOOOOOOOOOOO, J____! Dat not fair!!!" Don't worry, we piled up the leaves and let her have her own jump. They proceeded to bury themselves and have a great time. I have tons of pics but this one by far is my favorite! His face and her face.... Lesson of the Day: Longer legs run faster so always let the littler one have a head start!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment