Saturday, February 27, 2010

Satisfied Even with My Bag of Peas


Bea-u-ti-ful day today!!! Low sixties and sunny (absolutely no rain clouds...it's been awhile). Great day for working on a project outdoors. So, after a trip to the pool for the future scientist's swim test, a trip to the park for some outdoor fun, and a weekly trip to Walmart, it was into the backyard to build my garden box. I've been wanting to do this for quite awhile but it's just been too cold. But not today, you can feel that spring might actually be on it's way. So after an hour of digging and hoeing, pushing and lifting, my box is ready...just add miracle grow, mix in some good garden soil, and plant. Although my little garden won't yeld enough to save on groceries, I look forward to getting my hand dirty with the kids and watching their excitement as they finally taste something they planted into the ground. Lesson of the Day: Even though my poor messed up shoulder is already aching, I never knew needing a frozen bag of peas could feel so satisfying.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment