Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mani and Pedi for Two


Z had a very special treat this weekend in celebration of breaking a habit she has struggled with for quite awhile. Since she went an entire week without chewing on her fingernails or skin on her fingers, she got to have a professional manicure and pedicure. I wish I had my camera while we were in the nail salon. She was too cute and boy did all the ladies make over her (customers and employees alike). I think she felt like a movie star. Z nails chose sparkly purple with flowers painted on her nails. It was nice to enjoy a little pampering with my favorite little girl. Lesson of the Day: Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution. I didn't think it work but our pediatrician said put up a sticker chart, check her nails 3 times a day, and promise her something she would love at the end and she'll stop biting. Even though he swore that it worked with many patients, I was sceptical but he was right...worked like a charm!!!  Update:  I spoke to soon by the end of the following week, every bit of polish was gone and the nails were chewed off to the quick. ARGGGGGG!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sooo, what's wrong with biting fingernails? I'm 31 and still rocking the chompers with no ill consequences.

    ReplyDelete