Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Day of School

Posted by Picasa
I can't believe it's the first day of third grade.  J will be walking up and down the halls where I walked so many times while I was pregnant with him.  His 3rd grade classroom is right next door to my old 3rd grade classroom.  Surreal!  Amazing how things come full circle!  I think this is the first time I've been a little tearful since the first day of Kindergarten.  I guess because, once again, I'm reminded of how time flies.  This is also the first year he didn't want me to walk him to class...only to the building.  I asked him if he wanted me to walk him to his classroom and he was so torn and couldn't make up his mind...wanting to be a big boy but still wanting the security of mommy.  I finally suggested this morning, "How about I walk you to the door of the school?"  He immediately thought that was a great idea...a good compromise.  Of course, I was still able to get my first day picture and he didn't hesitate to get a hug and a kiss before walking in the building.  He's such a big kid but he's still my baby.  Lesson of the Day:  God is so good!  I am amazed by His love for us and how He brings my life full circle over and over again!  I always look back at all that has happened and I can see His hand in everything...even when it didn't make a lick of sense at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment