Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Well, this is different....

For 8 1/2 years, I have been a busy mom.  I've been the classic 24/7 stay-at-home mom and I've been the part-time working mom, but I've always been busy, either cramming a full week of work into the two days of preschool or taking care of someone who needs taking care of.  I've watched my friends drop their kids off at preschool from the time they were teeny-tiny and then go home to relax or go shopping.  While that is fine for them....it's not for me...that wasn't an option I wanted.  Unless I had to work, my kids were going to be with me.  I wanted to be the classic stay-at-home mom and I've loved it.  Yes, it's hard sometimes and you tend to stay in a state of "tired" and you hardly get any time for yourself, but my kids are only going to be preschoolers once.  Anyway, my recent change in employment status is going to take some getting used to.  Last Tuesday, I dropped Z off at school and left the church.  Left is the key word in that sentence because I've worked there the whole time she's been in preschool.  If she needed me I was just on the other side of the building.  I had very mixed emotions...happy, excited, anxious, and a little sad.  Well, I had some errands to run so 5 hours whizzed by.  Thursday, J was sick so I was busy all day taking care of my sweet boy.  Now, it's today.  I dropped Z off and came home .......................................................... it's quiet ........................................................ very quiet and no one needs anything.  I'm not so sure what to do with myself.  It has me pondering life without kids...after they grow up.  What did I do with my free time before I had kids?  This is very strange.  It's nice but definitely going to take some getting used to.  I'm sure I'll get a lot done.  I guess I'm now the classic house wife on T-days.  Good thing I like to bake and iron.  Maybe I'll get a fancy apron to go with my new job.    Lesson of the day:  Change...sometimes it's not easy or hard....it's just change.

No comments:

Post a Comment