Monday, November 1, 2010

Beware of Cryptonite and the Dark Side!


ObiWon (the younger version...and check it out....I created/sewed his costume) and Supergirl had a great time trick-or-treating last night. I've never seen anyone embrace Trick-or-Treating like my little Supergirl. She was incredibly enthusiastic! Even ObiWon, with his intense love of anything that has to do with candy, couldn't compare to Supergirls's unbridled excitement. She bounded to the doors, ObiWon would ring or knock, and I'm sure the entire street could hear her as she said, "Trick-or-Treat!" After they received the candy treat, she would loudly and excitedly say, "Thank you and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" She would run back down the sidewalk to Alan and I exclaiming, "Look, she/he gave me a piece of candy!!!!" The people at the doors would just smile or laugh. Her excitement was definitely contagious. If there was anything scary, her sweet big brother would take over and either haul her bucket up to the house with his (while she stood securely by Alan or me) or make sure she stood back while he took the front position in a protective mode. All in all, we had such fun as a family. Alan and I both so enjoyed watching our kids just be kids. Lesson of the Day: If someone could figure out how to bottle the type of enthusiasm I saw last night, and prescribe it to all of us, we'd all be better off.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Okay, let me just say, what CUTE costumes!!! Your kids are adorable!! Neil was VERY impressed that Zoe was Supergirl for Halloween instead of a princess, fairy, etc...and said "WOW, that's SO cool!" when I showed him the picture. A girl after his own heart! ;) It was priceless! Then he proceeded to tell me that when he gets big like Jonas, he wants a costume like that! You did good, Mom! BTW, how do you put the dots over Zoe's 'e' on the computer?

    ReplyDelete