Saturday, January 29, 2011

Enjoying a blah view

View from my kitchen window. Today's forecast: Cloudy...again!

I think I would just shrivel up and waste away if I lived in someplace like the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State (where it rains most of the year) or Alaska (where you have long spells of darkness). I love the sun. Not the hot, mind you, but the sun absolutely. Yesterday was perfect! It was windy (I love the wind too) and slightly warm, in the upper 60s, with hardly a cloud in the big blue Texas sky. I LOVED it! On those kind-of days, I feel like accomplishing something big or at the very least, laying in the hammock on the back porch soaking in the day....especially after a winter like this one. While the rest of the United States is blanketed in snow, we seem to stay in a cloudy wet (and cold to me) upper 40s to a super humid 70 (like today) state. A wet blah winter. No sun but no snow....just wet enough so that it's all soggy outside and never enough sun to dry it up. Cold but not cold enough to kill the mosquitoes (that we still have). Too many cloudy days affects my mood and not in a good way.

But I am reminded that in everything we are to give thanks, so here it goes: I am thankful to God that I don't have to deal with snow, digging out of snow, snow clothing, melted snow puddles, etc. I am thankful we have warm days periodically. I am thankful we had the drainage system redone so I don't have to worry about flooding with all this rain. I am thankful to have my kitchen window to look out of to check the weather and a warm house to live in (even though someone I love likes to keep it refrigerator cold). I am thankful for a sweet family that puts up with my weather related moods (I'm trying to get control over that).  I am thankful that all this rain means lots of beautiful wildflowers come spring and I could keep on going, filling up a few pages with thanks....guess I should just stop griping and just deal with it. Lesson of the Day: Give thanks...It will improve your disposition.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment