Saturday, January 8, 2011

Woweee! Everyone should get one of these!!!


Okay, so growing up 1/2 my growing up years without a lot of money, I learned to be frugal as a teenager. It has served me well as an adult, going from poor college student, to early marriage, to financial low points. We've always been able to make due. Even when Alan and I got married, I didn't register for any expensive gifts because I didn't want people to feel like they needed spend a lot on us. I've always been content with inexpensive things and I'm always on a look out for a good bargain on something I need or will need.

Well, I am very fortunate to have a husband that completely spoils me periodically. After watching me spend 7+ minutes holding my little inexpensive hand mixer trying to make Royal Icing that still didn't turn out while I was trying to cook dinner at the same time. My sweet husband (that was instructed to not spend hardly any money on me for Christmas) surprised me with a Kitchen Aid mixer. Wow! I was very surprised but still a little skeptical. Although very nice, I still thought it quite a splurge for something that I could easily do with a little time and elbow grease (or course I didn't show him this side...he just saw the thrilled to pieces side).

Well, I just used my mixer for the first time and "Woka Woka Wow Wee!!!" that is an awesome piece of kitchen equipment! Here it is in all of it's glory with the easiest batch of oatmeal cookies I've ever made. Even the paddle is easy to get the batter off. So my husband is a genius and the greatest husband ever. I think I'll be baking or at least mixing a lot more. As he put it when I opened it...it's the gift that keeps on giving. Lesson of the Day: Kitchen Aid mixer=totally worth it; Alan=Awesome Husband
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment