Monday, April 4, 2011

Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

The Corner/Vegetable Garden
The Herb Garden

Progress is being made in the gardens. As those of you that have been over here know, there is very little sunlight in my yard. We are blessed with beautiful trees and lots of shade, but I have managed to plant two gardens this year with a little help from my sweet girl. They are growing really well. Z exclaimed today, "After these grow, Mom-Mom, we won't ever have to go to the grocery store!" Oh, how I wished that were true but we will be able to enjoy fresh tomatoes, squash, peppers, and cucumbers. Today we planted carrot and spinach seeds. I'm not sure if they will grow since they were sort-of old. I was on hole making duty and Z was on dropping the seed in the hole duty. I caught her a couple of time dusting seeds off her hands. If they do grow, we may have carrots EVERYWHERE. Lesson of the Day: Sharing time with you little one and teaching them something new is much more important than how something looks. Let go and enjoy your time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment