Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mmmmm....Strawberries!

In 2003, my new friend, Carey and I went strawberry picking for the first time.  J was one and her oldest was about 8 months.  Now, eight years later two best friends with now 6 kids combined (most of them hers) took our annual trip to the berry patch yesterday.  We make a point to go every year, even though we live over 3 hours apart now and we've only missed a few.  We always have such great fun and it's always sad to say goodbye.  As J put it yesterday, "That's the one friend I never want to say goodbye to.  It always makes me sad.  We really are best friends."  I completely understand because I feel the exact same way.   Here's a few pics from this year's adventure.

Best Friends
The Superspy Girls and their Trusty Sidekick
(Z always calls the twins Superspy Girls)

"Look, Mom-Mom, it's a humongous strawberry!"

Sharing a ladybug.

J's Loot

Me and my kiddos


The baby of the bunch


I think it is impossible to get 6 kids to look at the camera at the same time.
 
My two favorite kids in the whole wide world!

Lesson of the Day:  Best friends are a true gift from God.


No comments:

Post a Comment