Monday, May 2, 2011

And we have Squash...

The Corner Garden
First Produce
Cucumbers or shall I say, "Future Pickles."
The Herb Garden
 So I've always said I have a black thumb (rather than green) when it comes to growing anything. I have the desire but I tend to forget to water or over water or something eats my plants or they wilt...you get the picture. Well, this year, in the midst of an incredible drought, my garden is doing really well. In fact, I picked our first produce today...two big yellow squash. I honestly believe my success has less to do with me and more to do with the new sod that we've had to water constantly right next to the garden.

This weekend, my grandfather (aka gardener extraordinaire) asked Z what she was growing in her garden, she said, "Well, we've got some pickles growing." Couldn't help but laugh.

Lesson of the day: Watering plants regularly really does keep them from dying.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment