Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Surfer Girl and her Long Board


Z has decided that she wants to be a surfer when she grows up, so next month we will be having a surfer girl birthday party. Every year I take pictures of my kids with each one of their friends individually and send the picture with their thank you. I always try to make the pictures go with the party theme when possible. This year, I decided I needed a surfboard for the photo op. My "little" brother, Thomas is quite handy with woodworking so he offered to help me out. He did an awesome job. I just wanted a vintage looking long board but he went above and beyond. He cut, sanded, and curved the corners. He then stained stripes on it to it looked really authentic. We both decided it needed some color, so I came in and painted the pink and white stripes and the flower. I still have to reattach the fin (Z knocked it of while she was surfing a wild wave in the living room) and I'm going to seal the entire then with some poly but I thought I'd show you what I've been working on. Pretty awesome!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment