Thursday, June 16, 2011

Earring Torture for 3

Right now, I am very thankful I only have one girl and that I only have to go through the getting the ears pierced once. That was torture! Z has been talking forever about wanting her ears pierced. She has begged and pleaded. We have window shopped for earrings. I have warned her over and over, "Z, getting your ears pierced is kind-of like getting a shot in your ear. It hurts but only for a little bit." But she was determined and she insisted that today was the day. She excitedly picked out her earrings (pink crystal hearts). Earing #1: She bravely sat in my lap, squeezed my hand, earring went in, she cried like crazy but no more than a shot. Earring #2: Refused to sit, started screaming when the lady came close, started crying and proceeded cry for the next hour. I think she tried every way possible to get out of earring #2. Long story short (after many prayers, moderate bribing, pleading, and begging on my part) we finally got earring #2 in. She screamed like someone chopped off her left arm and I have vowed not to go into that Walmart for quite a long time (if ever). I felt like a terrible mom but by the time we got in the car, Z was grinning and showing off her new earrings. In fact, she was very excited when I took the picture to show everyone. I asked her if she was glad she had it done and she said yes. She sure looks cute with her earrings too. But as J (my partner in this crime) stated on the way home, "I have definitely learned a lesson today. If I ever have a daughter and she wants her ears pierced, I am going to have NOTHING to do with it!"

Lesson of the Day: Do yourself a favor, pierce them when they are a baby, find one of those places that does both ears at one time, or just wait until they can drive themselves to have it done.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment