Friday, July 8, 2011

The Making of a Mermaids



A LONG time ago, when Z was still saying she wanted a mermaid birthday party, I found this mermaid making kit on clearance at HomeGoods (If you haven't been there you are really missing out...bargain city) and threw it into the abyss (the under-the-stairway closet). Anyway, I forgot all about this gift. Someone changed their birthday to a surfing theme and I became totally focused on making a super splashtastic surfer girl party. Finally remembered about it and today, since Z and I have claimed it to be Mommy Camp*,  Z made Mandy the Mermaid. She had to be very patient...required lots of mommy cutting and craft glue drying, but we finally finished.  Z is very proud of her creation. If you ever see a 4M Doll making kit, might be a good summer project for you and your girl.

Oh, totally different plug: Check Z's hair in the pic. Goody Stay Put barrettes: they really do stay put. Great buy when growing out bangs and they're really cute.

*Mommy Camp:  I'll explain in a later post.

Lesson of the Day: I'm glad I couldn't find the glue gun today (no telling where it walked off to). It was more fun having help from little sticky/gluey fingers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment