Monday, November 14, 2011

On days like today....

I miss my old life....I'd rather be broke that deal with this mess and those children every day.  I want to bake and have snacks ready when my kids get home.  I want to watch a cooking show and not worry about those plans or that stack of papers that need to be graded.  I want to lay down at night and not try to figure out a new way to get those disrespectful non thinkers to do what I want them to do.  I want to not have words like STAAR, collaberatives, benchmarks, and RTIs in my vocabulary.  I want to not feel stressed because I'm being forced to spend $200 on a certification that I don't want and don't have the time to study for.  I want to be around people I like and not around people that talk in cryptic sentences or secretively when I'm standing right next to them.  I want to enjoy my windows being open all day soaking in the sights and sounds of fall.

But here's the deal, we don't always get what we want, so I guess I need to suck it up and deal with it.  Only 6 1/2 more months until summer.

Lesson of the Day:  I love my own kids.  They are well behaved, they are respectful, they understand that learning is important for their future, they obey, and most of all, they love Jesus.  I had one job for 9 years and it was the best job ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment