Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Cat that Wasn't

Gross story...beware!!!
Okay, I was going to post this picture and introduce you to the newest member of our family, Cali-Cat. She was a mistreated stray that we temporarily adopted for the kids. Cali was a very sweet cat, skiddy but very loving, good with the kids. We got her yesterday afternoon from a friend and enjoyed just over 24 hours of new kitty-cat fun. Well, this morning she left a nasty surprise on a little rug in Z's room. Yuck but I gave her the benefit of the doubt, since I HAD heard her crying very early in the morning, knew she liked to go outside, but just rolled over and went back to sleep. After my discovery an hour later, I did what any knowledgeable cat owner would do...I put her nose in it, told her, "No! No!" and then took her down to the litter box and tried to make her scratch her paws in it. Well, this is the first cat I've ever been around that 1. is apparently deathly afraid of a cat box and 2. this procedure didn't work on (but we didn't know this at the time). We went all day playing with her, letting her go outside to do her business (or so we thought), and letting her have free roam of the house...until this evening. Right before I put Z to bed, I caught the cat trying to go again in Z's floor. I yelled, "NO, CALI!" which did nothing but scare the crap (quite literally) out of her all over my house...all the way downstairs....all the way into the kitchen. Needless to say, after a few more unpleasant discoveries that should have been left in a box throughout the day...Cali-Cat has gone back to the "friend" who gave her to us. Lesson of the Day: When someone casually says, in passing, as they are walking out of your door, "I hope she doesn't poop in your house, " just take the hint and hand the pet back to them. Save yourself the trouble and elbow grease. Stinkin' cat!!! At least the kids aren't too sad. I just hate we got their hopes up. They've wanted another pet for soooooo long.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment