Monday, January 24, 2011

Perfection only by 4 year old standands

Last night, Z walked up to me and said, "Mommy, you are the most beautifulest mommy in the entire world." I said, "Well, thank you. That's very sweet. Mommies always like to hear things like that." She then proceeded to call me "Pretty Mommy" for the rest of the evening instead of just Mommy. When I was telling Alan, he said Z had told him he was the most handsome Daddy in the entire world and she had called him "Handsome Daddy."

I have to admit, I LOVE this age, while we're still the king and queen of the world. In her eyes, we are perfect and wonderful and everything we say is golden. With it comes a lot of responsibility in the caring and nurturing of our sweet girl but I still love it. All too soon, the veil over her eyes will disappear and she'll see us for what we really are....flawed. J is old enough to know but even with him we still wear our crowns periodically. I guess in a way, we may always wear them, at least I hope so. I know I still think my parents are smart and beautiful and what they say is important, even though I know they are not perfect. But for now, I'm just going to relish in this stage, pray a LOT for guidance, and wear my crown proudly. Lesson of the Day: Psalm 127:3 "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him." Not a responsibility to be taken lightly.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment