Monday, February 7, 2011

BIG EXCITING NEWS!!!!


Last night my little Z asked Jesus to be her forever friend (that's the updated way to say "asked Jesus to come into her heart"). It was totally unprompted but after talking with Alan, we both realized that we knew it was coming based on ALL the questions she's been asking us lately and the deep conversations we had with her about Jesus and why he died for us. For a couple of months, she's insisted that we read her Bible every night even if we don't read another book and she's hasn't been content with just the story. She wanted to pick them apart.

Last night after reading about Jesus ascending into heaven. She said, "What is it that I say to ask Jesus to be my forever friend?" I reminded her and she very matter a factly said, "Well, I love Jesus and I believe when he grew up he died on the cross for me and I believe he came here as a little baby, and I believe he came back to life after three days!" Then she closed her eyes VERY tight and folded her little hands and said, "Jesus do you forgive me for my sins, for doing no-nos, and being bad sometimes?" Then she peeked an eye open and said, "What's next again?" I said, "Just ask him." So she closed her eyes tight again and said, "Will you be my forever friend? I love you. In Jesus name, AMEN" The whole time, I'm in a sort of shocked disbelief that she was really doing. Last thing I expected after a super bowl party. I was the same way when Jonas said his prayer. I guess because they were both so young but then again so was I. Z and I talked some more about what she had just done and how she should try to live, etc. We also talked about how all the angels in heaven (and God and Jesus) were having a big celebration since had Jesus in her heart now.

I love kids! While those of us who are Christians totally grasp the hugeness of this moment. To kids it's so simple. I guess it's faith of a little child. Because, after a few minutes, she said very inquisitively, "Mommy?" I was expecting some huge question this time when she asked, "When are you and Daddy going to get me a fishing pole?" Well, from Jesus as her forever friends to fishing poles...what an evening. Of course she'll wait until she's older to get baptist...just to make sure she really understands but I truly believe she knew exactly what she was doing last night and I couldn't be more happy or proud!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment