Thursday, March 3, 2011

Back in business and busy, busy, busy

So, this is the first week that I really feel like I'm back to my normal self which is a good thing because this is a crazy week. Tuesday, I went on J's field trip to the Children's Museum and to a very large local park. It was the most exercise I think I've ever gotten on a field trip. Besides climbing this huge tower that was obviously not made to be climbed by adults (required a lot of shimmying and squeezing), I had to have walked at least 10 miles before the day was over. We had an awesome time, though. Our tour guide at the museum was amazing! He will make a crazy good teacher. J loved that I was there too and I loved that I was able to be there with him. It's been too long since I've gotten to do this kind of thing with my boy.
On Wednesday, besides our usual ballet class and AWANA, Z and I hosted a surprise baby shower for one of the ballet moms. She was totally shocked that the rest of the moms had thrown together a little party for her. Check out the cake. One of moms is a very talented cake decorator. The bunting flags were from this link: http://ruffledblog.com/printable-alphabet-bunting/ They are totally cute! I printed a set with Z's first and middle name and hung them in her room. Party was a complete success even with 5 bazillion kids running around the house. We all had a lot of fun.

Today, is Go Western Day for Z. In fact, I've got to go dud her up right now and get to the school so I can put in my volunteer hours so I can watch her class later. Then it's full on "get ready for the birthday party" mode for J with the million other things I feel like I've gotten way behind on while I was out of commission. Whoo, I think I'll sit down next week. Lesson of the Day: (This is from my devo this morning.) "I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance." John 10:10...That totally contradicts stress, worry, anxiety, and constantly thinking about what you're going to do next...Don't get so caught up in those things that you fail to enjoy the moment. Life should be enjoyable...so have fun today, people!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment