Monday, March 7, 2011

One Legotastic Birthday Party!!!


The Birthday Boy


The Birthday Boy and his Buds 
(and sneaky little sister who popped her head up right as I took the picture)
Big 9 Year Old
I think it's funny how BIG they were all singing.  
Check sneaking little sister out again in the background.  That toot!

On Sunday, we celebrated J's 9th birthday. I'm blown away at how fast he's growing up. Nine!!! Anyway, he decided on another lego themed party (since he hadn't had one with this set of friends). It was a great success. I didn't think much could beat last year's Mad Scientist Party but according to the boys this was "the best party ever." I think a bounce house always helps. J had a fantastic time. They bounced, they played lego themed party games, and ate more pizza (shaped like lego pieces), popcorn, and cupcakes than any adult would ever dream of eating. All in all, it was a great party. Best part was that J couldn't have been happier.



You can kind-of see that that the back porch was also decorated since we did most of the party there.






FYI: Most of the decorations came from Printables by Amy at www.livinglocurto.com (my absolute favorite party source-we'll be doing the mermaid one for Z this year). I made the bunting flags in publisher. Sorry, I had to blur most of his name for safety. If you want a copy, just let me know and I'll send them to you as soon as I finish the alphabet. The legoman head pops are a large marshmallow topped with 1/2 of a small marshmallow, coated with candy coating. I painted the faces with black food coloring and a toothpick. (I tried those food markers but they just didn't work.)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment