Thursday, May 19, 2011

AWANA Awards

"Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power."
Ephesians 6:10
Watch out!  These two are armed with Scripture!


My camera wasn't cooperating but I just had to show you the excitement on  Z's face. 

Best (and least stressful) AWANA awards night ever. For the first time, I was able to just be a mom. Of course I felt like the Mom to every kid that walked across the stage. I was so proud of all of my AWANA kiddos. But I was especially proud of my two babies. Z completed the Cubbies program and received her second book award for memorizing 32 Bible verses. J received the Alpha Award for completing the first book of T&T and memorizing 89 verses plus completing multiple activities and a mission project. It was a great night and the presence of God was truly felt in that room. Made me very thankful to have gotten to be a part of this ministry.

Lesson of the Day:  Sometimes the things we dread (like driving across town every Wednesday night) are the same things that make the biggest difference in our children's lives.  So stop whining (message to self) and remember who you are doing this for! 


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment