Friday, July 22, 2011

What's that you say? What's that big pile of envelopes????

That would be the 23 envelopes that go with the 47 jobs I have applied for with our local school district.  Yes, much to my shock and awe, you cannot just email in a copy of your letter of interest and resume (even though you've already filled out one of the longest online applications in history), you must print and mail them.  I got pretty tickled last night when my first thought was "how old fashioned!"  I mean, isn't this what we were taught to do?  Isn't this the "proper" way to apply for a job?  Well, I broke a few rules...no resume paper (too expensive for the 75+ pieces I needed), I think I might have forgotten to sign a few letters (I blame email...I'm out of the habit), and I have a hard time droning on about how great I am (goes against my grain) so my letter was pretty brief.  I also had to reprint almost ever letter due to the fact that I originally wrote it to be sent by email so the wording was a little off for snail mail.  Anyway, hours later I am finally finished...I just have to get to the post office in the morning and send my precious letters off to their new homes.

Lesson of the Day: Proof read, then proof read again, then proof read again, then get someone else to proof read, and then do it one more time just to make sure.  It'll save you from kicking yourself later on!

Oh, by the way, interview #2 went well.  Should hear something by the end of next week.  Thanks for the prayers!  In case you were wondering why so many resumes, I'm just not counting any chickens before they're hatched.

No comments:

Post a Comment