Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Brag alert...beware

Don't click..it won't go anywhere.
Okay, so I've always know, Ladybug is exceptionally good with letters.  It's her thing.  She could name every letter out of order before she was two and quickly followed that by learning all of their sounds.  Well, she's caught on to reading like no child I've ever seen.  I knew she could read simple stories (like The cat sat on the mat.) and she typically already knows her sight words by the time they come home but today blew me away.  I got the book Everything on It by Shel Silverstein in the mail today and sat down on the couch and read a fewpoems to the kids.  I got up to do something and when I sat back down,the ladybug had the book in her lap.  She started reading and at first I though she was just reciting what I had already read (she has a crazy good memory for words too), then I realized she was reading a new poem all by herself.  This is what she read:

ASLEEP
My lazy foot
Just fell asleep
When I sat down to sup.
I yelled and screamed,
But on it dreamed.
Well.....this should wake it up.

She then proceeded to read several more with VERY LITTLE help.  WOW is all I have to say as a mom and as a reading teacher!!!

Thank you, Lord for smart kids!

By the way, I just realized that the letter I normally type for her name, hasn't been showing up in the actual post.  Don't know what that is about but I've switched to calling her ladybug.

No comments:

Post a Comment