Saturday, October 8, 2011

Drugs and other stuff


I'm sick of being sick. Started with a cold over a week ago. I spent the entire week completely hoarse, which is quite interesting when you teach school. I have the entire third grade rooting for my voice to come back. After spending an entire day coughing, totally snotty, and hardly able to talk, I finally broke down and went to one of the Walgreens Take Care Clinics after school yesterday (really, Alan insisted I go). Highly recommend that place. Fast, no appointment needed, no pretense....just get in and get out. So now I know I have brochitis and sinitis/sinus infection and I'm on a load of drugs. I just hope I'm under control before Monday. I have a very long and quiet meeting and I so don't want to cough through the entire thing. Oh, another sick note, Z is better. She missed 3 days of school and has been pampered to the point that now we're going to have to do some retraining, but she's almost back to normal, a little thinner and hesitant to eat much but on the whole...well. J has a cold now...hope it just stays a cold. I'll be disinfecting the entire house today.

On a totally different note....Z wants her hair cut short. Ahhhh! Her hair is so long and pretty and I have so much fun fixing it in all sorts of buns and braids but she wants it to look like mine. Very sweet. I'll probably give in...just because it would be easier, less tangly, and would help with the growing out of the bangs. We've also talked about donating her hair, but I still might cry when we cut it (it's a girl thing).

Well, that's all that's going on in the PotAter Patch this week...just a lot of snot, coughing, yucky tummies, and medication.

Lesson of the Day: Just go to the doctor. Don't be like me. You'll be glad you did.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment