Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Big #6 Lalaloopsy Party

As I said in my last post, Ladybug's 6th birthday and party was last weekend.  She decided months ago that she wanted a Lalaloopsy party.  You know I love to plan a party and a Lalaloopsy party I knew would be bright, colorful, and fun.   In the end, my sweet girl absolutely loved her party and her friends had a great time too. 

Here's what we did.  First, when the girls came in they decorated a picture frame with big bright buttons and their name.  (This is a tradition at our house.  I always take a picture of their friends at the party, normally with the birthday boy/girl.  Then, my kids type thank you notes that we stick to the back of the picture or add "thank you" text to the front of the picture and send it to the party goers as a thank you card.  So normally one of our crafts is some type of frame.)  Anyway, after that, the girls played a Lalaloopsy version of the game Sorry while we waited for those last few to arrive.  Then, we started the big craft.  All Lalaloopsy girls are sewn out of something in particular (a princess gown, an astronaut's uniform, etc.) and they all have a pet, so what did we do?  Well, we sewed together Lalaloopsy pets.


First, I chose about 7 different simple, Lalaloopsy pets.  I made a pattern, cut them out of felt, and glued simple details with tacky glue.  With a small hole punch, I punched holes all the way around the felt shape.

I found plastic needles at Hobby Lobby and we showed the girls how to do a whip stitch around the outside with yarn, stuffing them with cotton before they finished.  

The girls were THRILLED with their pets, especially since they made them.
 

Check out the button cookies.

I still can't believe she's six.  She's such a wonderful little girl.  I'm so proud to be her Mommy.
 
We played pin the eye on Bea Spells a Lot.  I was surprised at
 how much they enjoyed this.
 
Even Big Brother joined in on the fun, much to the girls' delight.

All in all, it was a great party.  It made the birthday girl's day and that's what mattered most!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Do you have pattern and tutorial for the pets? This would be a great thank you for all the little ones for my daughters party! Love everything you did such inspiration. If you do could you email me at mamaof2beauties27@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know more details about how you made the pets as well. Great party, love all the handmade details!

    ReplyDelete