Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Big #6 (Before the Party)

The Little Miss had her highly anticipated 6th birthday last weekend!  Here's the pictures of the before party and decorations.  She chose a Lalaloopsy party theme.

Love this picture of my babies.  J-man wrote his sister the sweetest birthday card.
They both look so big in this picture.  Where did the time go?
Meet Sprinkle Spice Cookie, the doll a certain Mommy searched high and wide for.  Z was thrilled.
 Now on to the decorations....
Alan and I decorated the night before the party, after Z went to sleep.  She was so excited when she came down on her birthday to find the entire downstairs "Lalaloopied" with giant flowers hanging from the ceiling, bright pom-pom-button garlands, and birthday banners everywhere (you know how I love to get crafty with the graphics).  Here are some of the pictures.
 
 
 
 
I debated forever what to do for a cake (see my last post).  Since she was insisting on strawberry cake mix, I made Neapolitan cupcakes.  They had brownie bottoms, strawberry cake tops, and vanilla buttercream icing.  I used pencil toppers on cookie pop sticks as the decorations, which the girls loved because they could take them home.
 
Pictures of the actual party coming up next...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment